Traveling with your fury friend is not always doable, but San Simeon provides many dog friendly options for you to bring your favorite companion.
Here’s your cheat sheet to San Simeon’s many dog-friendly lodgings, activities and amenities:
Dog-Friendly Hotels & Motels
- Cavalier Oceanfront Resort– Nestled on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, you and your dog can plan a gorgeous morning or sunset walk along the beach.
- Courtesy Inn of San Simeon– If the indoor heated pool and spa and outdoor tennis court wasn’t enough…they also let you cuddle to sleep with your dog.
- Days Inn San Simeon– In addition to driving only five minutes to the famous Hearst Castle, they also allow your fury friend to tag along.
- Motel 6– Affordable lodging just six miles from Heart Castle, this location is ideal for you and your dog to explore all that San Simeon has to offer.
- Ragged Point Inn & Resort– Situated along Highway 1, this resort is in an ideal location for you and your dog to go on many San Simeon adventures (see below).
- San Simeon Lodge– Only one block from San Simeon Beach where you and your dog can catch some waves or go on a beach stroll.
- Sands By The Sea– Three miles away from Hearst Castle and a complimentary breakfast provided by the Cavalier Restaurant. This is an affordable option located on the beach.
- Silver Surf Motel– Located on three garden acres, enough room for your furry friend to play fetch.
- The Morgan– Relax by the pool and indulge in an onsite massage, all accompanied with man’s best friend.
- El Chorlito Mexican Restaurant– Indoor and ocean view patio seating, you and your dog will enjoy the beautiful views and the mouthwatering lamb shanks.
- San Simeon Beach Bar & Grill– Enjoy their well-known seafood and steaks, while enjoying an ocean view from any table.
- Sebastian’s Café at Hearst Ranch Winery– With some of the best grass-fed beef on the central coast and a tasting room on the property, you can’t go wrong taking your pup to Sebastian’s.
- Annual Paso Robles Dog Jog – March/April
- Doggie Days in the Vineyards – April
- Annual Wine 4 Paws – April
- Doggie Splash Days – September
- Dogtoberfest and Wiener Dog Races at Atascadero Colony Days – October
- Howl’oween at Sherwood Dog Park – October
- Santa’s Doggie Parade – December
- Dog Friendly Wine Tours – Year-Round
Now you don’t have to think twice about leaving your fury friend home.