SummerFest—a one-day celebration of local film—returns August 21. All films will be available for both in-person screenings and streaming. There will even be a live party to meet the filmmakers on Friday, August 20, at the Garden Shed, featuring the wines of Cayucos Cellars.
Check out programming and ticketing options on our website at CambriaFilmFestival.com. VIP All Access Passes, which include in person screenings and the party, are limited in number and will likely go fast.
PROGRAMMING WITH A LOCAL THEME
SummerFest focuses on films made by locals or with a local connection or theme. Highlights include:
- Trusting Chloe, a short rom com, shot locally by and starring Cal Poly professor Todd Long.
- 93- Letters from Marge, a short documentary about Morro Bay surfing pioneer Marge Calhoun.
- Firestorm ’77, a full-length documentary on the 1977 Honda Canyon Fire that threatened Vandenburg Air Force Base.
- Where There Once Was Water, a timely full-length documentary about California and the challenges of water.
- A reprise of favorite short films from the first years of the Cambria Film Festival.
- A first-time look at a film in progress by local filmmaker Jon Levenson with his short film titled Someone Will Assist You Shortly.
Many of the in-person screenings will include Q&A with the filmmakers.
- 2021: August 21