Cambria Film Festival Giveaway Official Rules and Disclosures
OFFICIAL RULES & CONSUMER DISCLOSURE
VISIT SAN SIMEON SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY – VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
- The Visit San Simeon “Cambria Film Festival Giveaway" Sweepstakes is being run by the San Simeon Tourism Alliance with an address 250 San Simeon Ave, San Simeon, CA 93452, and a telephone number of (805) 927- 3500 and is sponsored by the following companies (collectively the “Sponsors”):
- Cambria Film Festival – 1305 Main St., Cambria, CA 93428, cambriafilmfesitval.com,
- The Cavalier Oceanfront Resort - 9415 Hearst Dr, San Simeon, CA 93452, www.cavalierresort.com, (805) 927-4688
- Hearst Ranch Winery – 442 SLO San Simeon Drive, San Simeon, CA 93452, www.hearstranchwinery.com, (805) 927-4100
- The Truck – 442 SLO San Simeon Drive, San Simeon, CA 93452, thetruckpaso.com, (805) 712-3456By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Promotion Period.
- HOW TO ENTER: Between the day and time the Sweepstakes was announced (“Announcement Date”) and 11:59 PM PDT on January 30, 2019 (“End Date”), collectively known as the “Sweepstakes Period,” you can enter the Sweepstakes. Entries will be accepted online by filling out the entry form with your name, email address and zip code at https://visitsansimeonca.com. All entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period. Visit San Simeon is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate, or misdirected entries or entries not received for any reason, and any such entries are void. All entries become property of Visit San Simeon and will not be acknowledged or returned. Limit one entry per person. No purchase will increase any entrant’s chance of winning a Prize.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States of America who are 21 years old or older. Void where prohibited by law. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. The following individuals are not eligible: (a) employees, officers, and directors of Visit San Simeon or the Sponsors, including all respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertisers, marketing and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials, and representatives; and (b) members of the immediate family (parents, children, siblings, or spouses) of a person in (a) and/or those living in the same household as a person in (a), regardless of familial relation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of Visit San Simeon, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Entrants are prohibited from submitting an entry for a purpose other than entering the Sweepstakes for the entrant’s personal benefit. Prohibited purposes include, but are not limited to, engaging in competition with Visit San Simeon and/or any of the Sponsors and luring emails to any fraud management tool such as a “spamtrap” or “honey pot.” If any entry or entrant is determined to be non-compliant with these Official Rules, said entry or entrant shall be disqualified.
- RANDOM DRAWING: On or around a date one week following the End Date, one random winner for all Prizes will be selected. To facilitate the selection of the winner, Visit San Simeon will use an online random-number generator to select the winner of all the Prizes. Decisions of Visit San Simeon are final and binding in all respects. Winner will be notified by e-mail or another means at Visit San Simeon’s discretion. If a winner does not respond to Visit San Simeon’s notification within two days or is unwilling to or cannot accept the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected from the Sweepstakes entrants. If an entrant is deemed ineligible, an alternate winner may be selected from the entry pool. No more than the advertised number of
prizes will be awarded. At the sole discretion of Visit San Simeon, disqualification, forfeiture, and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a winner’s failure to respond to winner notification within two days of transmission; (2) the return of a notification as undeliverable after one attempt; (3) a winner’s failure to provide Visit San Simeon with satisfactory proof of age, identity, and residency within two days of initial winner notification; (4) a winner’s failure to execute and return an affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release or requested tax information or W9 within three days of its transmission; or (5) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. Visit San Simeon will attempt to notify each winner within one week of his or her selection as a winner, and the prize will be delivered within one week of acknowledgement of the notification, or at such time as the prize becomes available. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- ODDS: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received but can be calculated by dividing the total number of entrants by the number of prizes.
- PRIZES and APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be 1 Prize awarded (“Prize” and/or “Prizes”), consisting of all the following:
- 2 VIP Passes to the Cambria Film Festival; Cash/Retail Value: $250
- 2-night stay at the Cavalier Oceanfront Resort; Cash/Retail Value: $360
- Wine Tasting for 2 at Hearst Ranch Winery; Cash/Retail Value: $30
- Lunch for 2 at The Truck; Cash/Retail Value: $40
- ALL PRIZE CONDITIONS: No substitution or transfer of a Prize will be permitted, except that Visit San Simeon reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if the advertised Prize is unavailable. Prize cannot be transferred by winner. No Prize can be redeemed for cash or can be used for a prior purchase. If a Prize element is not available for any reason, the remaining elements of the Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Visit San Simeon Prize obligation to winner, and no additional compensation will be awarded. Visit San Simeon has no responsibility for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of the Prize due to reasons beyond Visit San Simeon’s control, and is not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof. The Prize is awarded without warranty of any kind from Visit San Simeon, express or implied, without limitation. Winners, and not Visit San Simeon, shall be responsible for any and all taxes and/or duties as well as any other expenses not specifically included in the prize description. The Prize may be subject to terms imposed by the Sponsor or other Prize provider, including, but not limited to, prohibitions on selling the Prize, limiting the Prize’s for personal and not business use, and expiration dates. Visit San Simeon may require Winners to sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility. Visit San Simeon may require Winner and/or anyone receiving a direct benefit from the Prize (including but not limited to any travel companion) to sign a liability release and/or publicity license. Except where otherwise stated herein, all Prizes will be delivered free of charge (or in the case of electronic vouchers – emailed) to winners using the information submitted via the entry form. Visit San Simeon will not ask winners for money for shipping costs as a condition for receipt of a Prize. Visit San Simeon may verify the information submitted by the winner during the contest. In the event that Visit San Simeon does not receive sufficient eligible entries to award all of the Prizes, Visit San Simeon has the right to cancel the Sweepstakes.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- ELIGIBILITY. By participating in this Sweepstakes, all entrants represent and warrant that they are eligible to win and that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
- RELEASE. By participating in this Sweepstakes all entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Visit San Simeon, the Sponsors, and all affiliated individuals and entities as well as their successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”), from and against any liability, injury, death, loss, or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their participation in this Sweepstakes (or related activities) or their acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a Prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes; inability to access any website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions, including entries, that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. By entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with participation and/or entry in the Sweepstakes and/or receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Sweepstakes or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its assigns to use said winner’s name, photographs, likeness, and statements, in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization. Winner(s) further release and waive any right of or claim to copyright, trademark rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, rights to use of name, image or likeness, and any other legal or moral rights, relating to, arising out of, or embodied in the entry and/or arising out of the use of winner's name, image and likeness. Winner(s) expressly agrees not to pursue, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or dispute of any kind against the Released Parties on the grounds that any use of the entry, and/or the use of winner's name, image, or likeness violates or infringes any of winner’s rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, privacy, publicity and/or moral rights. All entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” Visit San Simeon and Sponsors make no warranty with respect to the prizes awarded.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, entrants hereby grant Visit San Simeon and the Sponsors the right to use their names, likenesses, voices, opinions and biographical information, and residential city and state for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes. Entrants also agree that all information received as part of this Sweepstakes may be used for the delivery of advertisements or otherwise as Visit San Simeon sees fit.
- ADVERTISING AND SOLICITATION. By entering this contest, you consent to receiving emails, special offers, electronic newsletters, and solicitations from Visit San Simeon, the Sponsors, and third-party vendors that may constitute requests to engage in a monetary transaction. Each email from Visit San Simeon will provide you the ability to opt out of future communication. If you would prefer to opt out now, please email email@example.com. If you do not want Visit San Simeom to share your information with third parties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Opting out of emails and offers will not decrease your chance of winning in the Sweepstakes.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you hereby agree to Visit San Simeon’s and the Sponsors’ collection, use, and dissemination of your personal information.
- ENTRY ERRORS/INTERNET. Visit San Simeon is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected information. Visit San Simeon is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Visit San Simeon or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Visit San Simeon which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Visit San Simeon reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such a situation, Visit San Simeon reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Without limiting the foregoing, Visit San Simeon may reject any entrant, if in Visit San Simeon’s sole judgment, the entrant has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility, or is otherwise ineligible to enter or participate. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the Prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned. Visit San Simeon is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Prize.
- GOVERNING LAW: In the event of a dispute between you and Visit San Simeon, either may choose to resolve the dispute by binding arbitration, as described below, instead of in court. Any claim (except for a claim challenging the validity or enforceability of this arbitration agreement, including the Class Action Waiver) may be resolved by binding arbitration if either side requests it. THIS MEANS IF EITHER YOU OR FINDKEEP.LOVE CHOOSES ARBITRATION, NEITHER PARTY SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE SUCH CLAIM IN COURT OR TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL. DISCOVERY AND APPEAL RIGHTS ARE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION. This arbitration agreement is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Any arbitration will take place in California within one hundred miles of San Jose, California by a single arbitrator, and will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS pursuant to the rules of the body conducting the arbitration. ARBITRATION AND/OR ANY COURT ACTION MUST BE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. THIS MEANS NEITHER YOU NOR FINDKEEP.LOVE MAY JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS IN ARBITRATION OR COURT BY OR AGAINST OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, OR LITIGATE IN COURT OR ARBITRATE ANY CLAIMS AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF A CLASS OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY. Only a court, and not an arbitrator, shall determine the validity and effect of the Class Action Waiver. Even if all parties have opted to litigate a claim in court, you or Visit San Simeon may elect arbitration with respect to any claim made by a new party or any new claims later asserted in that lawsuit. Visit San Simeon will not choose to arbitrate any claim you bring in small claims court. However, if such a claim is transferred, removed, or appealed to a different court, Visit San Simeon may then choose to arbitrate and you agree that in so doing, Visit San Simeon will not have waived any rights. Any action brought in a court against Visit San Simeon shall be brought in the State Courts of California in Santa Clara County or in the federal court in the Northern District of California and you and Visit San Simeon both agree to be subject to personal jurisdiction in the State of California. Except where otherwise indicated, the laws of the United States and California govern this contract. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may pursue injunctive or other equitable remedies in the above-identified courts and such claims shall not be subject to arbitration.
- SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- WINNERS LIST: A copy of the winners list may be obtained by emailing email@example.com within 15 calendar days of the End Date. Any such request must identify the Sweepstakes by name. Visit San Simeon will respond by email within thirty days of receipt of the request.
- UPDATES: Visit San Simeon reserves the right to update or modify these rules at any time with or without notice by posting updated rules at https://visitsansimeonca.com.
- CANCELATION: Visit San Simeon reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes at any time for any reason.
- THIRD-PARTY FEES: You may be charged for visiting the Sweepstakes website in accordance with the terms of your service agreement with your internet or mobile telephone carrier. Please consult your provider regarding your pricing plan. You must use a Smartphone device to participate via your mobile phone. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific Internet instructions. If your data usage exceeds what is allotted by your data plan, you could be subject to additional fees by your carrier. Please contact your provider with any questions regarding your bill.
- TAX REPORTING: If the retail value of any winner's prize is $600 or more, or any winner wins prizes which are cumulatively valued at over $600 in the course of a single year, the winner must complete a W9 form and supply Visit San Simeon with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the winner for the actual value of the prizes received.
- ADDITIONAL FORMS AND RELEASES: Any winner may be required to sign and return, where applicable, an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and where legally permissible a publicity release.
- COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES. To a printed copy of these Official Rules, send a written request by the Sweepstakes End Date to Visit San Simeon, at PO Box 3060, Paso Robles, CA 93467. Any such request must identify the Sweepstakes by the name.
- RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST. If for any reason these Sweepstakes are not capable of running as planned, due to technical failures, or for any other reason and/or at the sole discretion of Visit San Simeon, including without limitation due to any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of these Sweepstakes, Visit San Simeon reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process.