Read the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 closures, here.
Available each Spring and Fall (March, April, May, October, November and December): The Hearst Castle Evening Tour allows you to view this historic California mansion in the twilight hours—just as Mr. Hearst’s own guests did in the 1930s. Wind your way through House A (Casa del Mar), Casa Grande’s social rooms, guest accommodations, the Main Library and Mr. Hearst’s own private Gothic Suite. Docents dressed in 1930s period attire complete the experience, bringing the Castle to life once again.
The Evening Tour is 1 hour and 40 minutes long and consists of approximately a 3/4-mile route to walk. For those who have difficulty walking or standing for extensive lengths of time, we recommend the Accessibly Designed Evening Tour which is also wheelchair accessible.
Tour highlights include House A (Casa del Mar), Assembly Room, Refectory, Kitchen, Library, Gothic Suite, Billiard Room, Theater, Gardens, Neptune Pool and Roman Pool.
Download the Hearst Castle mobile app to:
- Learn about William Randolph Hearst, Julia Morgan, and other personalities who figure in the Castle’s history
- Discover the Neptune Pool, private air strip, hidden dressing rooms, and much more
- Listen to narration and read text by Hearst Castle historian Victoria Kastner
- View beautiful images by Hearst Castle photographer Victoria Garagliano
Get the most out of your visit to America’s most fascinating castle and download the Hearst Castle mobile app for your iPhone or Android today.
- History & Culture
- Kid Friendly
- Outdoor Activities & State Parks